President's Message Winter 2018
With the “No” vote outcome of the Measure A/StoneRidge special election last November, and the club’s permanent closing, many important questions remain and new ones arise. As we have done since 1960 with many issues facing north Poway, the GVCA will continue to serve as a watchdog, provide factual information, and be an advocate for our members and the community.
- Moving forward, here is what we know about the property based on input from the City and property owner:
- The club is permanently closed and irrigation has ceased; the owner has no intention of reopening the facilities.
- The perimeter of the property has been fenced off.
- Maintenance of the property’s landscaping will include only required fire management maintenance per city code.
- The property is not for sale; the owner will consider any plan put forth by the community that is supported by the entire community.
We would like to thank our members and north Poway residents who contacted us before and during the Measure A campaign. Your input is important to our board as we consider critical issues such as this.
As time continues to pass, we encourage residents to move beyond the divisiveness that arose from Measure A so that someday this 117-acre property can once again be a centerpiece of our community.